Every week in group I put together a raffle prize to encourage members to Food Optimize by preparing fabulous filling meals. Some weeks it might be a fruit basket, other weeks I might concentrate on a mixture of seasonal veg, but most weeks I try and inspire my members to try some of the fabulous recipes from the amazing books, magazines and ideas posted every week online.
This week’s raffle had the ingredients for a classic Ratatouille Recipe, which I had adapted from a favourite recipe courtesy of Nigel Slater I’ve been cooking for years, food optimized to make it healthy, filling and delicious! Try it for yourself and see!
Classic ratatouille recipe
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1 aubergine, thickly sliced 2 courgettes, thickly sliced 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, seeded and quartered 1 Can Plum Tomatoes
Fresh or Dried Thyme
Fresh Basil leaves (to serve)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Sweat 2 sliced onions in Fry Light until they are soft, add 2 sliced garlic cloves and cook until soft.
2. Remove to a deep roasting tin or baking dish. Fry each of the other vegetables separately, until each is pale gold.
3. Remove as each one is ready and add to the tin or dish
4. Add the plum tomatoes, seasoning with salt, black pepper and herbs.
5. Bake at 180C/gas mark 4 for about 40 minutes until soft and tender.
6. Stir gently with a handful of torn basil leaves and serve.
(Image from Nigel Slater @ Observer)